Alliance Board Members
Board Members are elected to represent the collective interests of the Lake Macquarie Sustainable Neighbourhood network. Board Members play an integral role in providing leadership, encouragement and practical support to Alliance members and their groups, and in ensuring that the Alliance fulfils its objectives and takes a strategic approach.
Meet your Board Members
Board Members Roles and Responsibilities
Become a board member
We are always looking for conscientious Board members who are able to contribute their time, skills and energy to making the Sustainable Neighbourhood network all that it can be.
Contact us to find out more, or express your interest.
Board member nomination form 2018
Board member November 2014 to November 2015; and November 2018 to present
"Sustainable Neighbourhoods are important because we are stronger together. I want a city that is greener, cleaner, plastic free and smarter. We can grow more, waste less and care better for each other and the environment that supports us. It’s up to us."
Board Member, September 2011 to October 2013; and November 2015 to present.
Public Officer, September 2011 to October 2012.
"Sustainability encompasses so many things within the environmental context, from protecting the natural environment, managing waste and urbanization, developing community and being responsible pet owners.
My passion is protecting our natural environment and responsible pet care in particular.
The actions we undertake NOW will affect future generations. Help me and my fellow board members make a better world for the future."
Board Member November 2017 to present
"We are all visitors to this time and place. Let's leave it better for our future generations. Mother Earth has taken care of us since the beginning, now I feel it's time to take better care of her.
We are all connected. Nothing in nature lives for itself. Rivers don't drink their own water. Plants don't eat their own fruit. Flowers don't spread their fragrance for themselves. Living for others is the rule of nature."
Board Member April 2012 to present
"One of my passions is to care for our environment. We can do this by thinking globally and acting locally.
The Sustainable Neighbourhood program focuses my attention on our beautiful environment in Cooranbong and encourages our community to work together to appreciate and care for it."
Thank you also to all of our past board members:
- Christine Aus - Board Member, November 2014 to November 2015
- Sandy Benson - Board Member, October 2012 to July 2014
- Indra Deamer - Secretary November 2015 to November 2016. Board Member November 2016 to November 2017.
- Susan Denholm - Board Member, September 2011 to September 2015
- Michelle Downey - Board Member, September 2011 to July 2012
- John Hegarty - Board Member, September to November 2011
- Stefanie King - Secretary, September 2011 to February 2012
- Norbert Lica - Secretary April 2012 to November 2015. Board member September 2011 to November 2017.
- Suzanne Pritchard - Board Member, April to September 2012
- Dot Seiffert - Chairperson, September 2011 to November 2017. Board member September 2011 to June 2018.
- Hellen Slott - Board Member, April 2012 to October 2012